Activate your MSITA Google Account
- We will begin submitting our assignments by using a MSITA Google Account. (This will help those of you who keep losing your work. This will also be a replacement for those of you that need a flashdrive!)
- Please click here to sign in and activate your Google Account. Activation of the account will be a grade. I will be able to see when you activated the account, so please do this before you begin today's activities.
- Click Here for the instructions.
Students are to complete 10-15min of www.TypingWeb.com . Please be sure to complete at least 1 lesson.Independent Practice:
DON'T FORGET TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK TO YOURMSITA-GOOGLE ACCOUNT!
- Creating Your Favorite Table (Here is an Example of Mrs. Lawrence's Favorites)
- Creating an MS Word Document
- Lesson 3 PPT & Notes (Type your answers in another color)
- Vocabulary Review: Review Lesson 2 Vocabulary (Practice Quizlet Games)
- “Understanding Word Processing Software” (Pg. WORD2 – Microsoft Office 2010 Spiral Book on the bookshelf behind the door)
o Read Pg 2 & Summarize each task and its purpose in a document
§ Title the document “Why Use Word” – Save as “Why Use Word”
§ Create bullet points for each task listed on Pg. WORD 2 - In your own words, explain the purpose of this task.
- Add Lesson 3 Vocabulary to Quizlet: “Lesson 3 Vocabulary”
- Read and complete activities (pg. WORD 6-12 – Microsoft Office 2010 Spiral Book)
o Starting a Document
o Saving a Document
o Selecting Text
o Formatting Text Using the Mini Toolbar
Objective for the week: SWBAT define accounting terms and practice journalizing transactions. Warm-Up:
- In your notebook/binder, define the terms found on Pg. 54 of your Green Accounting Textbook
- Read “Journals and Journalizing” on Pg. 56
o In your notebook: What is a journal?
- Read “Making Ethical Decisions | Recognizing Ethical Dilemmas and Actions” on Pg. 56
o In your notebook: respond to the prompt at the end. In private, write down the names of at least five people from whom you would feel comfortable seeking advice on ethical dilemmas. Select 2 of those 5 people and explain why you chose them. Independent Practice
- Read “A General Journal” on Pg. 57
o In Your Notebook answer the following questions:
§ Explain why the following are important when using a journal: Accuracy and Chronological Record
§ What is a Source Document?
- Read “Checks” and “Sales Invoices” on Pg. 58
o In your notebook: What is the difference between an Invoice and a Sale Invoice?
- Read “Other Source Documents” on Pg. 59
o In your Notebook: What are 3 of the other source documents?
- Read “Received Cash From Owner As An Investment” on Pg. 60
o Complete “Steps – Journalizing Cash received from Owner As An Investment” (Pg. 60)
- Read “Paid Cash For Supplies” on Pg. 61
o Complete “Steps – Journalizing Cash Paid For Supplies” (Pg. 61)
- Complete “Work Together 3-1” with a partner. (pg. 62)
- Complete “On Your Own 3-1” on your own. (pg. 62)
- In your notebook, complete “Audit Your Understanding” on Pg. 62 (write the questions):
o In what order are transactions recorded in a journal?
o Why are source documents important?
o List the four parts of a journal entry.